[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Flying to Vegas - Thaw Out!!

Flying to Vegas

Getting to the playa by planes, trains and automobiles, or maybe your a hitchhiking hippie.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chuckularone
Pan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Flying to Vegas

Postby chuckularone » January 16th, 2015, 7:45 pm

In 2014 I flew into Vegas and bought a bunch of stuff while I was there. I borrowed my parents truck and drove the 7 hours to Fernley. After that I have no idea how long it took to get to the playa, but I did.

Afterward, I drove back to Vegas and put my stuff in storage for this year.
Pronounced: Chuck You Lar One
K4JPE (nee KF4JPE)

Remember kiddoes, If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Re: Flying to Vegas

Postby kowtow » January 16th, 2015, 8:00 pm

At one point you put everything your brought out on your parents driveway and took a picture. I've shared that picture with others of how you don't need a ton, in order to be prepared. Do you still have that picture?

Make bad decisions, but don't play badminton with the birdie in the back.

chuckularone
Pan

Postby chuckularone » January 17th, 2015, 4:30 am

Here's the picture of my camping gear knolled on the driveway.
knolledCampsite.jpg

C'mon Kowtow, you should know by now, I keep everything. :mrgreen:
K4JPE (nee KF4JPE)

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Postby kowtow » January 17th, 2015, 7:24 am

chuckularone
Pan

Postby chuckularone » January 17th, 2015, 7:30 am

Yes, this was post burn. I knolled it all and wrote down an inventory and took the picture. That way when I look at the written list and it says, "Rope, random length" I can look at the picture and get an idea how long it is.
K4JPE (nee KF4JPE)

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Postby kowtow » January 17th, 2015, 7:39 am

chuckularone
Pan

Postby chuckularone » January 17th, 2015, 7:55 am

That's just it, I'm not anal retentive. I just pooped about 3 pounds. (Ba-Da-Boom Chick)
Honestly I'm not. I have been described as "Detail Oriented" and "Planful" but never as Anal. Take one look at the mess my house is and you'll believe me. Now that said, ask me where something, anything in my house is and I'll go straight to the pile it's in and pull it out.

I just have an open floor plan filing system. :o
K4JPE (nee KF4JPE)

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » January 17th, 2015, 11:51 am

GC calls his a geographic filing system :)

GreyCoyote
Soooper Genius

Postby GreyCoyote » January 17th, 2015, 6:54 pm

Does "anal retentive" have a hyphen? :roll:
"Look who is coming for dinner...!"

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » January 18th, 2015, 7:13 am

Too far out to do more than think about it. But I may have to fly into Las Vegas. I can't take a month off this year.

If so, the plan is a) to find Chuck if its convenient and carpool, and b) find a local Walmart or Sam's club and do some last minute shopping - its not practical to fly with as much liquor as Chuck wants, and c) hook up with the Wagon Train somewhere near, and all proceed to Fernley and then points north.
Details are the devil - but its a working theory. :)

Good photo Chuck!!!
Why do you only have one folding chair? Not expecting company?
We (GC and I) never go camping with less than 8 chairs. Cuz I like to feed people. :)

chuckularone
Pan

Postby chuckularone » January 18th, 2015, 8:01 am

K4JPE (nee KF4JPE)

Return to “Traveling To and Fro”