[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Shower and Greywater - Thaw Out!!

Shower and Greywater

All the things you don't want to discuss, but probably should.
kowtow
Camera Hideout

Shower and Greywater

Postby kowtow » January 15th, 2015, 3:01 pm

Here is the shower, drain, bucket and greywater plumbing.

The design is scaleable so that you can utilize from one to four buckets for water treatment, these also serve as the support base of the shower. I was going to incorporate the gravel, sand, chemical treatment last year, but based on some inputs from GC I decided just the chemical treatment (calcium hypochlorite) was fine.

Also, only one bucket was utilized last year, and I think that's fine for the shower water treatment. I would like to have a sump pump to empty the bucket rather than let it sit with ~4 gallons of treated water at all times.

2014-06-17 18.48.23.jpg

2014-06-22 12.13.15.jpg

2014-06-22 12.13.25.jpg

2014-06-29 17.07.27.jpg

2014-06-29 17.07.55.jpg

2014-06-29 17.19.48 HDR.jpg

2014-06-29 17.20.19.jpg

2014-06-29 17.20.27-1.jpg

Make bad decisions, but don't play badminton with the birdie in the back.

lionsnzebras
There's No Place Like Home
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Shower and Greywater

Postby lionsnzebras » January 15th, 2015, 4:20 pm

Shit bro, how do you guys do this, I just dont have this level of ability. Perhaps after my shelf project hahaha. NOT!

I guess it comes with time and practice.
So does it sit on the 4 pails full time? Is that safe?

A few women, some soap, the disco lights and were going to need to order more water!
muahhaha

So with TT120s idea on the greywater evap pond, I think it will run very well, thoughts?
I have no issues running cleanup, grewwater duty, treatment whatever as long as I can watch the show.

I will show this to zebra tonight, but I dont think she will have an issue with it, but not everyone is like her. What are the options for privacy?
Any thoughts?

chuckularone
Pan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby chuckularone » January 15th, 2015, 4:35 pm

The options on privacy are... Do you want a shower? It's over there.
Pronounced: Chuck You Lar One
K4JPE (nee KF4JPE)

Remember kiddoes, If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Postby kowtow » January 15th, 2015, 4:35 pm

Here is the evaporator that I made for last year. The biggest problem I had was with the high-torque DC motor. I bailed on the windmill driven design, but I've kept it for the looks as it does look cool in all copper. I opted to add a small high torque DC motor, but I didn't think through how to secure it to the bike axle. This year I will have this hammered out easily enough by pinning the shaft and axle together with a simple cotter pin.

lionsnzebras

Postby lionsnzebras » January 15th, 2015, 4:50 pm

lionsnzebras

Postby lionsnzebras » January 15th, 2015, 4:51 pm

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Postby kowtow » January 15th, 2015, 4:55 pm

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Postby kowtow » January 15th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » January 15th, 2015, 5:53 pm

"I think there needs to be a secondary evaporator for kitchen waste for a couple of reasons.

1. Sometimes the waste can be pretty nasty, so with the current shower design you would have to pour the kitchen waste into the shower drain. It will then get treated and move to the evaporator, but it still makes for a nasty smelling shower "area."
2. The evaporator won't be able to handle all the waste that generated. There will just be no way to manage that much grey water with only a single evaporator."

I completely agree. Sorry about mucking up your evap with kitchen waste - Hey, I didn't do it twice. :)

Grey and I have been talking about a grease trap before a filtration unit like the one that Chuck has proposed. Still some work to do. We may have a prototype to try at Austin Flipside.

I didn't use Kowtow's shower. Not because it wasn't a beautiful shower - and had lots of beautiful bodies, and a few horrifying ones, in it. I can handle the nudity - Nudity is the standard form of expression at TTITD - it was the commentary. (laughing)

I ended up hiking to a private shower elsewhere.

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Postby kowtow » January 15th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Hence this year it's going to be totally private. I want you to enjoy it. I was a bit under the gun last year trying to get it ready in time. This year I will have much more time to put into it and hopefully make it a wonderful experience for anyone.

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » January 15th, 2015, 6:09 pm

I don't mean to suggest that you give up on the nudity entirely. At Austin Flipside, there is a shower wagon that drags around. You can only take a heated shower I public and naked. :)

You will see. :) Lots!!!

TT120
Rubber Side Down

Postby TT120 » January 15th, 2015, 6:36 pm

My evap pond is not filtered at all and it was just for the shower but it could help with the excess filtered gray water. It certainly couldn't hurt to have both systems there.

Reducing the gray water output in the first place will help. I only use about half to 3/4 gallon water for a typical shower. I generated no kitchen gray water at all but then again I didn't have the super delicious tamale hut going on.

My pond needs to be stirred up as much as possible during the day to help with evaporation hence the broom in that pic. Every time I walked by the pond last year, I would take a couple seconds to sweep the water around.

I brought several gallons of drinking water in jugs with a screw on tops and kept the empty ones till the end of the week so in case I needed to pack any gray water out, I could use them and it wouldn't be spilling all over my truck. Ended up not needing them but it was good that I DID have a plan in case I needed it.
W6BJD

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Postby kowtow » January 15th, 2015, 6:43 pm

lionsnzebras

Postby lionsnzebras » January 15th, 2015, 7:05 pm

Well lets plan for both then. I will deal with the raking and help kowtow with his evap setup, many hands make light work.
I guess that would leave the kitchen evap pond, and its nastyness left to deal with.

With my limited experience, all I can do is work hehe.

I could bring black plastic hehe.

I am all for the sparkle pony wash, and let me tell you, if I see anyone laughing at anyone in our shower, they will get a piece of my mind. I have been the fat guy, and wont stand for the lack of respect.

Oogling is fine, disrespect is not

lionsnzebras

Postby lionsnzebras » January 15th, 2015, 7:07 pm

GreyCoyote
Soooper Genius

Postby GreyCoyote » January 16th, 2015, 9:15 am

LNZ: just remember that at TFTITD, its kinda anything goes. You are free to wander around butt-nekkie if you want, but that does not mean there wont be comments. Likewise, you can put "art" on display and the world is free to laugh and tell you it sucks. Individual taste and radical self-expression create some interesting conflicts sometimes.

You may be getting an artificially sanitized view of Burningman because our camp tends to be much more towards the "tolerant" side of things. We may be somewhat of an exception. Be prepared for rude comments from drunken assholes. When they come, deflect them with humor. Example: "My god, you've got a TINY little dick!! Who the hell are you gonna please with THAT thing?". Answer with a huge grin and a pelvic thrust: "ME!!!" :mrgreen:
"Look who is coming for dinner...!"

lionsnzebras

Postby lionsnzebras » January 16th, 2015, 1:01 pm

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Postby kowtow » January 18th, 2015, 4:01 am

Great work not freaking out. Now let's talk about your wood he stumbled over... Just how big is it? :mrgreen:

lionsnzebras

Postby lionsnzebras » January 18th, 2015, 4:36 pm

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Postby kowtow » January 18th, 2015, 5:04 pm

Oh dear. your wood was not only big it was flat. I know a doctor for that. If you Botox that MF then you'll give it all the body it's lost over the years.

Return to “Showers, Grey Water Treatment & Evaporation”