[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Embrace - Thaw Out!!

Embrace

This is where we allow everyone to post about the gripes they have with "The Man". This is meant to be a forum for discussion and not for defamation or making personal attacks about other posters or people in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Embrace

Postby Sunbeam » February 19th, 2015, 9:07 pm

I went to the sculpture, climbed up into the brain, saw the murals, and experience the claustrophobic stairs.
My initial enthusiasm has soured.
The two partners were stilted. The gesture was without passion - like kissing your sister.

I've decided that I didn't like it.:(
In some vague way, I'm disappointed with myself. Its like sniffing at the in-artfulness of a child's Crayola painting.

It just seems to be, that in the gendre of the great public art, "Embrace" was a minor child.

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Re: Embrace

Postby kowtow » February 19th, 2015, 9:45 pm

I get what you're saying, there were things on the playa that left me going "huh?"

What did you think of the beating heart that changed colors? It really took me aback, because I wasn't expecting this in the middle of the desert I was thinking... where is this power coming from and why does it work so well day in and day out without interruption; much like I wonder about my own heart.

I have to agree the stairs were super claustrophobic and I was actually concerned for safety going up and down them. What amazed me was the sheer number of flights I kept going up and wondering when will this end. I was pretty amazed at a couple portals that were along the way, where I could peer out at the playa like I was captive within myself, seeking to find an escape from an introverted captivity:

2014-08-26 07.06.15-sm.jpg

2014-08-26 07.06.19-sm.jpg

15075815360_2c71a86a81_o-sm.jpg
Attachments
2014-08-26 07.07.27-sm.jpg

Make bad decisions, but don't play badminton with the birdie in the back.

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » February 20th, 2015, 9:54 am

AS a structure I liked it. As art, it was meh...
I wanted more gesture than pose.
I guess my taste goes into portrayals of movement.
Something named embrace - the figures should be embracing, not standing there.
Unless they were British... and then the lack of gesture is understandable.
Attachments
embrace.jpg

TT120
Rubber Side Down

Postby TT120 » February 20th, 2015, 11:22 am

W6BJD

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Postby kowtow » February 20th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Make bad decisions, but don't play badminton with the birdie in the back.

Return to “Man Bitches”