my schwag

What do you gift or handout.
Let others know where you get it and/or how you make it
TT120
Rubber Side Down

my schwag

Postby TT120 » January 16th, 2015, 9:14 pm

I have been giving these out for a couple years now and I can never seem to make enough. I didn't think anyone would want them so I only made 24 my first year. Well, they were super popular and gone by the first night. Last year, I doubled the amount to 48 and still was out of them by the 3rd day. I guess I'll have to double again to 96 and see how that does. They're not fancy at all but I did assemble them all by hand. They're filled with Playa dust and some of them had ashes from the man in them. It seems people love them and that makes me feel good.

Making a mess on the dining room table.
W6BJD

kowtow
Camera Hideout

Re: my schwag

Postby kowtow » January 16th, 2015, 9:40 pm

That's amazing! How did you get the little glass bottles labeled?

I want to make some jewelry or something for people, but I have a hard time finding places that will do it for reasonable prices. I know there are a bunch of people who say don't be giving crap away it's just MOOP, but I don't care. I cherish this crap and I want to make and gift lots of crap this year.

Last year I received a bracelet at the Eplaya M&G and it meant so much to me. I didn't personally know the guy who gave it to me, but he had it made up in advance with my name on it. That just left me speechless and I felt like I was taking and not giving. From that moment on I knew that I wanted to come up with some idea, so that I to could give away gifts to people I didn't know, barely knew, or intimately knew.

By giving schwag that I make it will allow me to give back what someone so selflessly gave to me.
Make bad decisions, but don't play badminton with the birdie in the back.

TT120
Rubber Side Down

Postby TT120 » January 17th, 2015, 6:01 am

The labels are just clear stickers I got printed up. Couple sheets of little clear printed stickers were only about 20 bux.
W6BJD

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » January 17th, 2015, 8:13 am

I was working on a schwag project just before TTITD, but it didnt work out. So i have 200 metal forks somewhere.
The idea was to attach a cord (so the fork could be hung on a belt) and an emblem with FOOW brand on it (to remember where it came from).
If this lights anyone's imagination, id be happy to ship you the parts and let you finish it (sigh)

chuckularone
Pan

Postby chuckularone » January 17th, 2015, 8:24 am

Since I'm having serious issues with the 3D printer, I'd be glad to work on that project for you.
Pronounced: Chuck You Lar One
K4JPE (nee KF4JPE)

Remember kiddoes, If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

lionsnzebras
There's No Place Like Home

Postby lionsnzebras » January 19th, 2015, 8:36 am

We are not going to gift anything physical this year, we are going to work. Tamale kitchen, in our group, perhaps some volunteering around the city.
Just too much going on to think about this right now...I guess in some ways I (lion) feel bad about that, take take take. But we each give in our own ways.

TT120
Rubber Side Down

Postby TT120 » January 19th, 2015, 8:51 am

Don't worry about gifting your first year. Don't volunteer too much either. After your first year, you'll have a much better idea how things work out there and you can see what other are gifting and come up with your own unique ideas. Your shit eating ear to ear grin is the perfect gift to give as a burgin.

Also, a gift doesn't have to be a physical thing, it can be anything from a smile to running after a neighbors tarp that got away from them when they were setting up.
W6BJD

chuckularone
Pan

Postby chuckularone » January 19th, 2015, 8:53 am

NO! Don't feel bad. First year, bring your enthusiasm and have fun!
Pronounced: Chuck You Lar One
K4JPE (nee KF4JPE)

Remember kiddoes, If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

GreyCoyote
Soooper Genius

Postby GreyCoyote » January 19th, 2015, 1:11 pm

TT and Chuck said it all. (-bows-) :mrgreen:
"Look who is coming for dinner...!"

Return to “Gifting & Schwag”