Enthused about 2016

General Discussion
Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Enthused about 2016

Postby Sunbeam » October 31st, 2015, 11:23 am

Against my better judgment and all rational financial goals, im really enthused about 2016.
In 2015, i felt like i was acting... Hated the theme... Just doing my part.
The theme of 2016 has so muchmore possibilities!!!
Lots of ideas to share.
1) do we want to grow? Add more campmates?
2) do we want to do more art? Advertised?
3) do we want to branch out to other foods? (Gumbo has been a hit).
4) what about regionals? Austin has been fun. What about the Trans-Pecos festival?

Melon
Crotchedy Olde Bastard

Re: Enthused about 2016

Postby Melon » October 31st, 2015, 5:41 pm

Sunbeam wrote:Against my better judgment and all rational financial goals, im really enthused about 2016.
In 2015, i felt like i was acting... Hated the theme... Just doing my part.
The theme of 2016 has so muchmore possibilities!!!
Lots of ideas to share.
1) do we want to grow? Add more campmates?
2) do we want to do more art? Advertised?
3) do we want to branch out to other foods? (Gumbo has been a hit).
4) what about regionals? Austin has been fun. What about the Trans-Pecos festival?

I'm really excited about this theme. This theme has romantic mystery about it.

By Night I can visualize a masquerade ball in the desert; under plumes of fire and plenty of wonderful outfits and masks.
By Day I can imagine modified vehicles with wings and cogs, leather and canvas.

1) Growth; Hopefully this year we will have Lion and Z with us, and that TT will have mended and be in the dust somewhere. Either with us or wherever he may gravitate to. I wouldn't be opposed to new campmates. I think a few more people might benefit the group as support and backup for any unknown contingencies. Plus it's lovely to meet new people. I also agree with the previous process, come and chat on the boards, make the effort, commit to discussion of plans and show self-reliance. I would guess the sooner the better so they have some time to develop relationships with the rest of camp.

2) Art; I would love to do some camp art. I do plan on making a couple of small decorative pieces again this year and then take them to AntiM's for the mid/end week for adoption. But I also would adore making a camp piece! Larger scale and displayable. My thinking camp is on!

3) Food; This is all your area Beams. The food was insanely good. Better than I could have imagined and was very appreciated. If you're meaning branching out from Tamales; (even more so your area); I saw plenty of overly happy playa-chickens with your generous and delicious cooking. I don't think anyone out there would raise an eyebrow if you added or even changed your plans for feeding the masses.

4) Regionals/Other Festivals; I'm heading to Pachena Bay regionals this year: Otherworld http://otherworld.kindlearts.ca/. However, that's not until June so months to go and watch my budget and so on to decide how much my cashflow can take during the year.

So excited for 2016!!!

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » November 3rd, 2015, 6:07 am

This is in california. Wah!!!!
Attachments
image.jpg

Melon
Crotchedy Olde Bastard

Postby Melon » November 3rd, 2015, 12:00 pm

Wow this is brilliant.

Someone will have a gorgeous piece at their camp.

We will have to gain inspiration from this and try to build accordingly :D

Return to “General”