Postby TT120 » July 19th, 2015, 8:40 am

This could be fun on the Playa......

https://youtu.be/IeS5IU4Odus
W6BJD

lionsnzebras
There's No Place Like Home

Re: Pillow fight prank

Postby lionsnzebras » July 19th, 2015, 9:51 am

Its not a bad idea, we will bring some extra ones and off we go :)

eldergeekaz
Apprentice

Postby eldergeekaz » May 26th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Did you guys ever do this?? The pillows would need to be fairly strong to eliminate MOOP. Looks like it would 'fit in' on the Playa. But, never having been there, I don't know. Maybe its been done??

I had another idea, not as fun but strange, and would need to be done during the day unless we light up the drums.
Some one yells " DRUM ROLL.... PUULEEEASE!!!!

The we all roll drums of various sizes where ever we want. Like a bowling ball. Not at bikes, but maybe people walking by.
Or we walk to another camp, yell the phrase and just roll them into a camp. Lather Rinse Repeat.... At another camp...

Problem is I can't find cheap ass drums, even kiddy drums. Haven't tried a music store or schools that may have drums that are not good for playing any more. Skins don't necessarily need to be there. We could glue in cardboard or foam.

thoughts??
No longer a Birgin. Now I know everything. :roll:
Camp2 - Doin' What we Do!

GreyCoyote
Soooper Genius

Postby GreyCoyote » May 27th, 2016, 5:14 am

Never did it! Dunno if its been done, but Yay! could likely tell ya.

FWIW, TT120 sorta "fell down and went kaboom" last year just before the burn and wasnt able to go. The rest of us sort of forgot about it in the packing rush. But this gag has some definite potential. And maybe a few traps.

One thing about the culture at BM: its based upon consent and space. You'd need to be careful about that. In the video, Zed would toss his victim a pillow and immediately attack. Socially thats a bit risky and violates both of those concepts. Some might view this as an attack, or "taking your own personal Thunderdome to the unsuspecting masses". Putting someone at a physical and social disadvantage like that isnt good "burner" behavior. You need to provide a means for the rube to consent, and a graceful escape path if they dont.

A better approach might be to stalk your victim (loudly, and with much comedy), and when you have their attention, gently toss 'em the pillow, (or better yet, drop it at their feet), take a step backwards, adopt a ridiculous "Bruce Lee" type of stance, and let them arm themselves. Then THEY CHARGE YOU to indicate consent. Game on!

Speaking *strictly* for myself, in Defautia, if some punk came at me like that and I was carrying, my automatic response would be to grease his ass to catfood because he's a sudden and direct threat. I dont know what is in that pillow case, or who else he may be acting in concert with, or why, but I'd be happy to let his next-of-kin tell me about it. Of course, in BRC my response would be vastly different (I'd probably cover my beer and try to steal his pillow or take a nap in the road with it. Anything to turn the tables on him. Hehehe), but even with the "BRC Fun Filter" in place, you have to remember you are dealing with a vast cross section of deeply conditioned responses and sensitivities. As the cop at the end of the video proved, not everyone appreciated the humor.

Done right, this really does have a lot of good, clean mischief potential. Get a good schtick going and it could be epic. Get other camps into it, and you could have a sunset street war at The Howl! With consent, anything is possible.
"Look who is coming for dinner...!"

eldergeekaz
Apprentice

Postby eldergeekaz » May 27th, 2016, 10:30 am

Well obviously one would be selective when initiating the 'battle'. We're not looking for YouTube clicks.

I hear what you're saying. We can scratch that off the list......

TT120
Rubber Side Down

Postby TT120 » May 27th, 2016, 10:43 am

Well, don't be surprised if I show up in your camp with a couple pillows ready to throw down........

I'm going to stay off the damn motorcycle until after the burn. I'm not going to chance missing it again.
W6BJD

eldergeekaz
Apprentice

Postby eldergeekaz » May 27th, 2016, 12:57 pm

I'll be ready.... 8-)

GreyCoyote
Soooper Genius

Postby GreyCoyote » May 27th, 2016, 2:47 pm

To be clear, I think its an AWESOME idea, Geekster! Do it!! And hell, I'll even help! It only needs slight tweaking to fly like an eagle.

Dont discard the idea. You dont (yet) grok the BM dynamic, but that will be shortly cured. :mrgreen: Takes about 15 minutes in the dust to readjust your aimpoint. After that... MISCHIEF!

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » June 2nd, 2016, 5:54 am

Watch out for Mexican cooks... You get feathers in my cooking and im likely to get stabby...

GreyCoyote
Soooper Genius

Postby GreyCoyote » June 2nd, 2016, 12:54 pm

Killjoy. :)

I'll just blame it all on EG. Simple. Elegant.

(-fwoomph!!!-goes-the-pillow-)

eldergeekaz
Apprentice

Postby eldergeekaz » June 2nd, 2016, 1:42 pm

Blame me, I can take it. :lol:

Note to self, no fun around SunBeam or she gets stabby..... :lol:

chuckularone
Pan

Postby chuckularone » June 3rd, 2016, 5:24 am

eldergeekaz wrote:Note to self, no fun around SunBeam or she gets stabby..... :lol:

If Sunbeam starts to get stabby just tell her you're hungry. Then she'll feel compelled to feed you before she stabs you and that will give you a chance to run away! <<ducks>> <<runs>> :twisted:
Pronounced: Chuck You Lar One
K4JPE (nee KF4JPE)

Remember kiddoes, If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

GreyCoyote
Soooper Genius

Postby GreyCoyote » June 3rd, 2016, 6:12 am

Chucks on to you, Beams. :lol:

Return to “General”