The daily gripe

General Discussion
GreyCoyote
Soooper Genius

Re: The daily gripe

Postby GreyCoyote » April 1st, 2015, 6:06 pm

Sunbeam wrote:Have i told you i hate ATT. If there was an alternative - i'd be there. 24 days no servicez. I unfortunately have 5 accounts. They cant segregate them. Paid 3x my daughters account because they billed ofc use ( without the small biz discount) to her.
Incompetent.

I too was cussing the hell out of AT&T until my EVIL mind coughed this little tidbit up: someday, somehow, one of these fuckwits will get a divorce, and WE WILL REPRESENT THE WIFE!

Now I gotta tell ya, that thought just warms the very cockles of my heart, right there.... Hehehhee!!!!
"Look who is coming for dinner...!"

lionsnzebras
There's No Place Like Home

Postby lionsnzebras » April 2nd, 2015, 7:22 am

There should be a box in the area, it may be on a pole too. Ours are grey in color, 6 feet high, 6 feet wide and about 2 feet thick. This is usually a neighborhood box that connects the houses to the telco line.

In some cases they are on a pole too, usually black, about 2 feet long and 8 inches round.
Take one of these out, and there will be a guy there within hours.

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » April 2nd, 2015, 1:24 pm

Do you think they would notice the shotgun pellets?

lionsnzebras

Postby lionsnzebras » April 6th, 2015, 8:08 am

No beams, but hit it at least 5 times so its good and fucked up.

lionsnzebras

Postby lionsnzebras » April 6th, 2015, 4:13 pm

Lost my primary air-conditioner, now I have a 24 inch fan in my door, moving air. I told them to clean it, and I dont think they did.

My suspicion is that the compressor is dead now, overheated and dead.

At work late...geting paid the mega bucks...love it...but would rather be working on the dome.

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » April 6th, 2015, 6:01 pm

I've got a sore throat. I'm worried that I'm getting old-lady scared about illness. :(

TT120
Rubber Side Down

Postby TT120 » April 7th, 2015, 8:00 am

There is water falling from the sky here in California. Not sure what to make of it. I think we used to call it rain but it's been years since it's actually rained here so I've sort of forgotten what that's like. It's kind of wet and cold......Dunno what to think.
W6BJD

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » April 7th, 2015, 5:07 pm

Think Hallelujah. :)

I was in a restaurant in Corpus Christi after a very dry year. It started raining. Spontaneously, the entire restaurant crowd stood and applauded. :)

GreyCoyote
Soooper Genius

Postby GreyCoyote » April 8th, 2015, 4:41 am

TT: are we sure its not just a big flock of seagulls? :lol:

Hurray for rain!!!

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » April 8th, 2015, 8:37 pm

Why isn't "Better call Saul" available on DVD? What are these chumps waiting for?

lionsnzebras

Postby lionsnzebras » April 9th, 2015, 7:56 am

hahahaha were 2 episodes away from the end. Heisenberg kicks ass!

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » July 17th, 2015, 5:23 am

Had a senior moment this am.
Dragged coffee around the house for awhile looking for my glasses, cuz I'm really unable to read the little characters on my beeg phone without them.
Wandered into the bathroom, looked in the mirror - yup, you guessed right - they were on my head.
Sigh!

Melon
Crotchedy Olde Bastard

Postby Melon » July 17th, 2015, 7:34 am

That's okay....I did similar this morning...

But when I couldn't find my glasses, I put on my spare pair and left the house.

As I hopped on the bus, I found my seat, sat down, put on my earphones....but wait...something is in the way.

My original pair of glasses...on my head.

So I was wearing both pairs for about an hour this morning.

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » July 21st, 2015, 5:59 pm

I am reeling from a really bad day. Noone died (that I know of)... but DAMN, the Universe was just fighting me on everything.
Started with the office filled with gas fumes. Not anything fun... mercaptans, as in EXPLOSIVE!!! Before you get excited, this isn't a good thing in an office filled with paper. So we called the utility company. The most likely source is a leak in the HVAC, in the attic. The IDJIT didn't even go in the attic - too hot.
Then the Ford service guy said the problem with my car was my fault because I bought a defective product made by Ford.
Then ... anyway, I went home before 2:00.
No sense participating in this stupidity.

I am REALLY hoping tomorrow is a new day.

GreyCoyote
Soooper Genius

Postby GreyCoyote » July 22nd, 2015, 5:31 am

Beams missed:

1). The local who called screaming because he heard from a friend of a friend we may have mentioned his daughters name and some less-than-pure incidents in the same sentence. He threatened to file "charges" for "libel" and demanded we be more "professional". (Its called "slander", dumbass, and its a civil suit. "Charges" are for criminal acts. And telling a law practice you are sueing them is like telling a dentist your tooth hurts: you will pay for the experience dearly and you wont be talking for a while. Finally, I told him I didnt think someone who cuts lawns for a living was a particularly credible source for defining "professionalism". I told him to PLEASE file suit and hung-up on him).

2). The divorce intake client who was astounded that I would call her out in front of her own mother and tell her she could not retire and live off her kids child support, that Texas favors joint custody, and if she wants alimony she better move to a state that allows it. (She had a little problem with "expectations". Hehehehe)

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » August 26th, 2015, 10:04 am

So last night the washer and dryer went out. With wet clothes in the dryer. From my prior experience, I know that if I force the door - it breaks the lock and that's a $325 repair. Are the clothes in the dryer worth $325 - no. So, I called Sears, and the earliest the repair man can be out is September 01.

Last weekend, we scrammed the cooler motor, a fan motor, and a little refrigerator. I guess this is probably from the same event. :(

Yes, Grey checked, the breakers are on. There is power to the wall outlet. Its just the machines.

Sadie
Journeyman

Postby Sadie » August 26th, 2015, 12:21 pm

Well THAT sucks... even if the clothes aren't worth $325 I bet they were clothes you were planning on taking to the desert..dang...
My washer door has a lock like that but I didn't think dryers did....yours must be higher up on the food chain than mine.

Sunbeam
Inari Kitsune

Postby Sunbeam » September 24th, 2015, 1:48 pm

Some time ago a friend told me: We just don't feel like we belong here anymore.... speaking about the negativity of the political climate, news reporting, redneckness in general.

I found a way to counter that! Sign up for "Feel the Bern" or anything like that. You will be deluged with liberal indoctrination...
Now how do I turn it off?

lionsnzebras

Postby lionsnzebras » October 2nd, 2015, 8:28 am

I will never understand the need for people to speed excessively. I'm talking 30++ over the limit. If your in that much of a hurry:

1. you should have left earlier
2. your already late, pullover and make a phone call
3. accept your fate

Lack of planning on your part is not an emergency on my part.

Now I get some of the cars, having huge power in my old Subaru is amazing and fun. Yes there is a time and a place for it. Like when the young punk in some new car thinks he can beet 320 HP all wheel drive rocket car...eat dust kid....
But being responsible is another matter.

Its the soccer mom mini vans and jeep SRT 8s and dick heads in trucks...See ya at the light bitches.

Melon
Crotchedy Olde Bastard

Postby Melon » October 2nd, 2015, 4:05 pm

lionsnzebras wrote: ..See ya at the light bitches.

Oh god agreed.

I live in a village with 2 lane traffic. 1 incoming / 1 outgoing. Accidents fuck those roads up bad. We have no emergency traffic route.

Every morning some jackass rolls over the double solid to get around you. Zips off like a tool....dashes around cars...deer...children.

And you ALWAYS see them at the next light.... morons.

Return to “General”